Sunday, June 14, 2009

Haydenbot


Hayden hates getting EKG's. I am surprised that it bothers him so bad, considering all other things he goes through. So, sitting in the cardiologist office, we had this conversation.
Me: "Does it hurt you to get the EKG?"
H: "No, it scares me"
Me: "Why?"
H: "I am afraid they are going to mess up and they are going to turn me into a Transformer"
Me: Trying not to laugh, "Oh, Hayden, I promise, it won't turn you into a transformer."
EKG tech: "Hayden, the absolute worst thing that will happen is you will turn into a Haydenbot. That wouldn't be so bad, would it?"
Me: "Hayden, I promise you will still be my Haydi bug whe this is done, you will not be a transformer"
H: "Do they actually make Haydenbot's? If so, I want one!"

Poor kid! He was terrified during the entire test but was so good. I was so impressed at how well he did during the ultrasound and Echocardiogram. Amazing kid! And, he is so good!

Hayden's results came back wonderfully! His heart is doing good! No more leakage than there has been and he sounds great! The pain he has been having is chest wall pain when he is growing, not actual heart pain! I am so relieved!

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Poor little Haydenbot. That's pretty funny. When my DJ was 3 he asked me if for Christmas he could have a button. I said, sure you can have a button. Then he said, "A button that turns me into a dinosaur." Kids are so funny. Glad his heart is doing well.

the cakes said...

That's awesome! I love the minds of these crazy kids! Glad he's well. : )

Monroe Family said...

That is great news Jer!!! He is an awesome kid.