Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hayden Conversations

Lately, we have had a lot of conversations dealing with Ma'kayla. Hayden is trying to figure out why she is so sick and if Heavenly Father can take a child from this earth.

We had a long talk on the Plan of Salvation and agreed that Ma'Kayla's mission isn't over, it is just whether or not her mission is to be fulfilled here on earth or in the Spirit World. He was so sweet and asked if I would go draw the Plan of Salvation for Ma'Kayla so she wouldn't be scared if she did end up having to leave this earth and went there.

As we were driving home from school on Monday, Hayden asked me, "Mom, do you remember the story of the baby girl in Nauvoo that she received a priesthood blessing and got better. Then, her family joined the church, believed in the Savior? The baby ended up dying. The baby girl's mission was to bring a lot of people to the Savior? Do you think that is Ma'Kayla's mission?" We had a long talk about death, life and what the Savior's plan is for each of us. I was so surprised that Hayden is listening so much when we talk and share stories with him.

Hayden walked in my room the other day with a huge smile on his face. I asked why he was so happy. Hayden responded, "I don't know Mom. I can just feel the Holy Ghost so strongly and I can't help but smiling when I feel him so close to me." I told Hayden that the Holy Ghost was telling him that he was happy with him for the good choices he has made in trying to offer prayers for Ma'Kayla, the example he has set and the acts of service he has rendered. Hayden's smile grew and looked as if his face would burst as he exclaimed, "Mom, there he goes again. It feels like the Holy Ghost is going to squish me because he is squeezing me so hard." Then added, "I know... maybe its because the Holy Ghost is on one side and Jesus is on the other." I will always cherish this conversation with Hayden. I am so grateful that he is able to recognize when he has the Spirit with him.

No comments: