Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hayden's Prayers

One thing that I have throughly enjoyed lately is listening to Hayden's prayers. The other night, he was praying for Ma'kayla and I was deeply touched. It went something like this, "Heavenly Father, you do realize that Ma'Kayla is only 5 years old, don't you? You do realize that there isn't any possible way that she could have completed her mission here on earth yet. Maybe what she needs to know is that you are real and that you love her. That will make her fight harder to stay alive. Maybe no one has ever told her about you and she just needs to feel your love." He went on. It was as if he were having a conversation with me.

I really stopped and paid attention to that prayer and have thought about it every day since. I have tried to structure Hayden's prayers. Say Heavenly Father, show gratitude, ask for blessings, etc. What Hayden showed me is that he really does see his Father in Heaven as just that. When Hayden comes to me, he doesn't tell me thanks and then ask for what he needs. Some conversations between us is Hayden asking for help, others are questions, trying to understand situations and yes, the best are just the, "I love you! You are the best mom!" Hayden taught me that he has figured out the true way to pray and to hear. Oh, how I love this little boy that is showing me the road back to my Father in Heaven. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Beautiful...what a great son you are raising, Jerlyn!
P.S. How is his little cousin doing?