Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ma'kayla

My little niece is struggling so much, trying to hold on to life. As I sat up at the hospital yesterday afternoon and from moment to moment the information of what the doctors were going to do, and what was happening was changing, the mood was so sad. My own emotions and feelings overcame me so many times and I had to step away. This poor little girl is only 5 years old. She is in complete liver failure. So much has taken place in the last couple of weeks while she has been in PICU.

Right now they are trying to get her approved for ACCHS so that they can air flight her to the U of A Medical Center. Her little life is hanging by a thread and she is continuing to get sicker and sicker.

I feel so much for all of her family. Her mother and father looked completely broken yesterday. I remember feeling that way. I remember the sheer saddness and despair of feeling like I was losing my son. However, even in the depths of my despair, I had the hope and peace that only the gospel of Jesus Christ can and does bring. I am so thankful that I understand that our Heavenly Father's plan is a very real thing. Our Father in Heaven prepared a plan for us to be together again forever, even when our time on this earth is over.

I am grateful for the tender moments that have been shown during this very sad time of Ma'kayla's sickness. So much love, tenderness, kindness and Christlike service has been shown to everyone during this time. My deepest prayers and love go out to all involved in helping Ma'kayla. All we can do right now is pray that she gets better and that the Lord will grant a miracle to take place on this earth.

No comments: