Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Game night with munchkins

Jodi's kids came over while Jodi and Troy celebrated Troy's birthday.

Grandma Joyce was here. She stuck around to play games. Brooklyn begged to play Apples to Apples. So Thomas and Joyce played Apples to Apples while I played with the younger boys. I loved hearing laughter and giggles from the table. All four of them had a ball.

Meanwhile, Brigham, Talmage and I played Sorry. 

Some of my favorite moments were:

Brigham "sorry'ing" Talmage's guy. Brigham said, "Sorry Talmage". 
Talmage replied, "No you're not or you wouldn't have done it!" 
Brigham and I died laughing. 
Talmage said, "What? You wouldn't have, would you?"
Brigham loved getting a Qwirkle. He received many. He did a great job. 

Talmage put his tikes n the wrong place. We tried to correct them. 
Without skipping a beat, he said, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. That's where I out it. Deal with it."
I said, "Talmage!"
He said, "What? That's what my teacher told me. You just have to deal!" 
Oh how Brigham and I laughed. 
Talmage couldn't figure out why but he is one funny kid. 
I loved being with Jodi's kids. We had so much fun! We all laughed and played. So grateful for the gift of these cute kids in my life.

No comments: