Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

It is 2014!

Unbelievable. 

As we say goodbye to 2013 and welcome in a new start, I am grateful. 

I have learned that the only thing I can successfully count on is that 2014 will bring many changes, curves, turns, unexpected trials, joyous moments, challenges and insurmountable joy! 

2013 brought more changes, growth opportunities, heartache, trials, joy and miracles than I could have ever anticipated. 

So as we head to a new start, a new year, we are girding up our loins, putting on the shield of faith and the breastplate of righteousness. We are arming ourselves with faith, scripture study, family and personal prayer, and the strength of the Holy Ghost. I know that by doing this, we can and will face whatever comes our way. We know that with the Savior, we can do all things required of us. 

I'm looking forward to making beautiful and everlasting memories with those I love. 

I'm looking forward to strengthening my relationship with our Savior. 

I even picked my word of the year.....SOAR! 

I even have my little bird perched where I can see it every day. Reminding me that even birds with broken wings, with faith, patience, perseverance, and love, can again fly. 

I'm working on flying again. I'm trying to mend my broken wings, broken body, and doing all it takes so I can again SOAR. And soar again, I will! 

So, 2014, please be gentle as I heal and nurse my broken wings. But know that I am strong. I have complete faith. I know that miracles occur. I know I can heal. And I am oh so ready to SOAR!

No comments: