Monday, January 20, 2014

Gilbert Temple

We went to the Gilbert Temple open house as a family.

It was wonderful. 

I had to go in a wheelchair as I could not walk thru. They were so kind and accommodating. 

We watched the video on the temple. I was in awe of the way it was handled. So beautifully. 

Hayden was in awe of the god water fountains, amazing chandelier, beauty of the celestial room and the gorgeous stairway. He loved the mirrors. He loved the feeling. 

Hayden came home distraught which I couldn't understand. He loved it. We had a great time. We felt the Spirit. We had some tender talks of him going thru. Preparing for missions, his own endowments, baptisms for the dead and someday getting married there. 

Later, he admitted something to me. 

He said, "Mom, I'm confused. Everyone talks about the strong spirit inside the temple. Don't get me wrong, I felt the spirit. But, it felt like it does at home. I always feel this way at home. What did I do wrong?"  

Oh my sweet son. You did nothing wrong. You live with the spirit each and every day. You live to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. You feel it more when the Spirit leaves than when you feel it. You are so accustomed to the Holy Ghost that it upsets you more than when you leave. 

I love that you feel the Spirit at home. 

I love that you want and desire to feel the Spirit. 

I cannot wait until you g into a dedicated temple that has the Spirit of our Lord. 

You are amazing Hayden. 

Words cannot describe the feelings I had being there with my family. 

I love that we have a temple so close. I cannot wait to go more. So grateful for the growth of the temple district and all the blessings that having a temple so close will provide.

No comments: