Friday, July 25, 2014

Oceanside Week One

Suzi, Hayden and I set out for Oceanside in the wee hours of the morning on July 5th. We arrived in Cali before 10am, and completely avoided the scorching heat across the desert. Since I slept most of the way, I felt pretty good. We decided to do some souvenier shopping at Seaport Village. We didn't buy much but were able to walk around for about an hour. It was fun to see the shops and take in our favorite, Ben and Jerry's Ice cream. Afterwards, we drove around the coast and ate the famous Felipe's Italian restaurant. Their lasagna is my favorite and oh so yummy. I was then officially wiped out and we started the journey to Oceanside.

We sat by the pool, overlooking the beautiful ocean and listened to the waves crashing in and out while we waited for our room to get ready. Hayden loved swimming in the pool. His favorite place in the world is in water.

Suzi and Hayden unpacked the car of our necessities and I opted for a nap. I slept most of the afternoon and night but was thrilled to be in Oceanside. My heart's true home.

Sunday, Mike and Jill, Cooper, Ollie and Lucy arrived. We moved over to Southern Califonia Beach Club. Jake's girls, Hayden and Suzi unpacked in record time. I read a book while Suzi grocery shopped. I loved listening to the ocean, I love the sound of the waves, I love all of it. My heart was smiling.

Monday, we made our way down to the beach. Hayden and Cooper attacked the waves, dug in the sand, found sand crabs and spent the entire day just being kids. Rosie and I sat and talked. I loved visiting with her.

I napped in the afternoon and just soaked in all of the beautiful weather and sound of the ocean that I could.

Tuesday, I stayed back and read and listened to the waves while Suzi, Hayden and Mike's family all went to Sea World, with free tickets. Woohoo. They had a great time.

Wednesday was spent back at the beach, jumping waves and playing in the sand for Hayden, Cooper, Ollie and Kiley. I read more and just soaked in the beautiful weather.

Thursday, Hayden, Suzi, Kiley and Mike's family all went to Legoland, again with free tickets. After a funfilled day at Legoland, we all hit the Farmer's Market. Yummy food and lots of vendors made for a great evening. Jake had made his way over late Wednesday night, so Jake, Rosie and I went to breakfast at Beach Break Cafe, my favorite. Nothing like one of their yummy delicious omelets with coffee cake to go. Yummy! Plus I loved talking with Jake and Rosie. Jake kept saying how much he had missed me and was so glad I was doing better. Rosie said she was soaking in all the Jer time she could get. I sure love them and adore spending time with them.

Friday was spent on the beach and Thomas surprised me and came early to the beach. Oh how I had missed him. I loved seeing him. It was a wonderful surprise. Before he arrived, I read three books. After he came, I was too busy talking with him to read much more.

Saturday we packed up, anticipating moving on Sunday next door from 205 to 204. Jodi and gang came. We were wall to wall air mattresses and people. We were in a 3 person unit with Thomas, Hayden and I, Suzi, Jodi, Brooklyn, Brigham and Talmage. Crowded but oh so fun! I loved it. Saturday afternoon we went to see Transformers. Then hit the beach with Jodi's gang. Sunday, we spent the entire day at the beach while Thomas and Suzi moved condos and Jodi checked in to hers. The weather was beautiful and we all had a great time chatting on the beach.

Week one at the beach was a total success. We were in full swing. I would have been crushed if we were headed home. It flew by so quickly. I loved the weather. I loved being with people. I loved that Kaylee spent more time with me than her friends. I loved that Jake's girls voted me and Thomas the funnest aunt and uncle. It was perfect and I was thrilled we had another week to spend with everyone.














No comments: