Friday, July 25, 2014

Grandpa and Bubba

Grandpa was incredible this year. He tried so hard to make each of the grandkids feel special and loved. They took each group of kids wherever they wanted to go.
JD's kids chose Legoland. Jodi's chose walking down the pier and eating at Ruby's. Dallin and Austin picked Chicken and Waffles restaurant. Hayden's choice....Movies and lunch.

So, Grandpa and Hayden spent one afternoon seing the new Tom Cruise movie, "Edge of Tomorrow". He loved the movie and loved spending time with Grandpa.

I love that Grandpa tried so hard to make it such a special week for each of the kids. I know that wasn't relaxing for him but it was wonderful for building memories with his grandkids. It was definitely one of Hayden's highlights of the week.

Thanks, Dad! That was exactly what Hayden wanted and needed. I couldn't ask for a better gift than you spending time with my son.

Not only that, my Dad was around a lot more all week. Each night he would come visit. He spent more time on the beach. He went to fish with all of us. All of the Simonton kids and spouses and Dad and Bonnie went and ate at Chicken and Waffles one night. We saw him more this year than I think I have in the past five years combined. It was a fun week. One I will always remember and cherish.

I'm a lucky one. I have been blessed with an amazing family and people I cherish and love.

No comments: