Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Home Evening fun

Nights like tonight I am so glad I went on a mission. Family home evening went so well. We had Ariyona, Makayla and Tanner over and they all stayed for FHE. We talked about testimonies and how to build them. We played the flour game, where you have a penny in the middle and the person that makes the penny fall has to get it out with their teeth, not hands. The kids had so much fun and I was surprised at how well they related it to building a strong testimony. We used this all the time in Korea, and it was really effective. I only wish I had written down all of the object lessons we used on a mission and how they related. I would love to use all of them now with Hayden.

Here are some of the pictures of the kids playing the flour game. We had a great time.

Hayden after he finally got the penny with his teeth.


Tanner had a hard time getting the penny out.


Hayden, Tanner, Makayla and Ariyona


Ariyona won-she was the only one that didn't have to put her face in the flour.


I really enjoyed tonight and it made me really appreciate having such great kids in my life. Thomas and I may only have Hayden, but we've been blessed with lots of people that let us borrow their kids whenever we want them! We are truly lucky!

No comments: