Sunday, June 29, 2008

Late to church again...

This morning I woke up at 5:15am and decided I could get a lot accomplished before church. Thomas and I were organizing the office, and at a little before 8am, I said we should start getting ready for church. Thomas made breakfast, I had Hayden take a bath while I was getting ready. Pretty standard every Sunday church ritual. All of a sudden, I looked at the clock and panicked that we needed to leave in the next 20 minutes, so it was a mad dash to finish getting dressed and get all of our church materials together. We pulled up to church at about 3 minutes after and rush into the back. We sit down and I think wow, I was gone the last two Sundays with Hayden being sick and there have been a ton of new people move in our ward. Then, I realize that they are already giving talks, and I am thinking how did I miss the sacrament? Thomas leans over and says, hey, this isn't our ward. I was like what do you mean it isn't our ward. He pointed at the time... it was only 9:10 am. Oops! Our ward starts at 10:00am. We headed home and relaxed for a few minutes before heading back out to church. What a crazy morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! That is classic!

Cassie Simonton said...

That is too funny...I don't think we have EVER been so early that we were actually intruding on a different ward! But hey at least you weren't late!

Jodi Davis said...

only YOU would be that early to church!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "senior moments" part of this wonderful life!