Sunday, January 18, 2009

FHE turned flour fight

Two weeks ago for family home evening we set goals as a family and decided what we needed to improve on. I asked the girls when they would rather have scripture study at 6 am or dinner time or bedtime. They definitely did NOT want 6am so it was decided to try dinnertime. So far, so good. It has actually worked really well. Yes, we have had our share of giggling, talking and laughing, thanks partly to Thomas who trys to make them all laugh, but I am happy we are once again trying.

Last FHE, we talked about what the girls were going thru at school, part of their struggles and how to stay strong with all the evil influences of the world. Hayden gets so animated when we discuss drugs or anything, it is fun to watch. I am hoping he keeps the same enthusiasm with following the prophet and if he says it, there is no room for discussion.

Anyway, we decided to play the flour game (Hayden's favorite) and since it related to strong testimonies, we were all in. What started out as a friendly game soon escalated into a full on flour fight. The kids had fun and I guess as long as we are together it works. I'm impressed that Trevor, Ann's boyfriend, has decided to join us for family home evening and scripture study.

Anyone want some good entertainment, show up at our house aroud dinner time. I'm cooking (what a joke) and I have all 5 kids sitting around the table trying to read scriptures after homework. It is chaotic but I love it!



No comments: