Friday, January 9, 2009

Thankful Prayer

I have been trying to teach Hayden that sometimes we just need to have a thankful prayer or as Hayden calls it a "thank you prayer". This morning he offered the sweetest prayer and I really wish I could have video taped it. Thomas and I loved it!

Here is some of the things he was thankful for:

- Heavenly Father protecting him.
- Jesus keeping him brave.
- For Jesus making sure there were video games at the hospital to play.
- For his brain not hurting anymore this morning.
- For getting to eat dinner since he was so hungry during the day.
- Grandma Bonnie for giving him fake teeth to scare the nurses with.

What a kid! I am sure that the prayer was warmly received and that Jesus loved it as much as Thomas and I. We sure got a good laugh at some of his list. I needed to record this for posterity sake.

3 comments:

Connie said...

What a precious boy...and a great mom!

Monroe Family said...

How cute is that!! Your going to be so glad you wrote that down. Hey, I was going to ask you.. did they find anything with all of that testing he had to go through?

Cassie Simonton said...

Ok, I feel like the worst aunt EVER...why didn't we know that he was getting this done??
I'm glad everything went well...and he is back home!!! Let us know how his test turns out! Even though we are out of state we still like being in the loop;)