Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My little bug

Little Mr. Hayden man goes into Phoenix Children's Hospital tomorrow for testing. I am used to this kid undergoing testing, but for some reason putting him in tomorrow is really stressing me out. I think maybe because he is going under for 3 1/2 hours. They will have a cardiac anistesiologist in the room, but I still worry.

It is getting harder, he asks so many questions now and wants to know exactly what they are doing. I am not sure myself other than he is having a MRI scan on the brain, an EEG of the brain and a ABV test to determine hearing and blood circulation. He is so worried about getting shots. I feel horrible that he will have an IV. This was so much easier when he was little, at least he couldn't vocalize his concerns and fears. He wants me to stay in the room the entire time, obviously I can't but he is so worried that I won't be right there. Although I have reassured him I will be right outside the door.

He keeps asking if he is good if I will buy the Star Wars lego game for the Wii. You better believe it. I would buy him anything. I can't wait for Thomas to give him a blessing tonight that everything will go okay. I really need to hear those words from our Heavenly Father that he will protect my dear son. And, I am anxious to feel the sweet peace that a priesthood blessing always brings.

Haydi boo, in case I don't tell you often enough, I love you to pieces and I am so glad that the Lord entrusted me to be your mother. I don't feel worthy to try and protect you, nurture you or teach you, but I am grateful every day for the challenge and the loving care of a Heavenly Father that trusts me with you. You have brought more joy and happiness into my life that I ever dreamed possible. You will be okay tomorrow. I love you!

3 comments:

Darce said...

What a sweet mom you are. He'll be okay.

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

I am sure its going to go smooth, but our family will include Hayden in our prayers!

Jamie Jo said...

Okay, that one just made me bawl!