Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jerlyn Pile

We had just come home after a late night at Jodi's playing games around 12:45am. We are addicted to Ride the Train, such a fun game.

I laid down on the couch and was talking with the girls. I think I was falling asleep so they dogpiled me. Ann first, then Ariyona and Taylor. I hollered for Thomas and he comes out with the camera.



After the "dogpile" we all said goodnight. The next thing I know, all the girls have followed into my room and are laying on my bed talking. I LOVED it! We talked until 2:30 am. I loved having all of them cuddled up on my bed, talking about boys, school and who knows what. I looked around and was so happy! I love these girls, I love my life.

I started thinking about the girls, their plans, their future. I thought back to when I was their age and how I pictured my life. This definitely wasn't it. I planned on getting married a lot younger, having an entire house full of kids and being a stay at home mom. But it didn't happen.

I work, but love it, and only while the kids are in school. No matter how hard we've tried, we only were blessed with Hayden. But, we now have these three incredible girls, sure they aren't officially ours but we have Ann all the time and Ariyona and Taylor a lot. But, they are ours in our hearts and we love them. I sat there on the bed and realized I wouldn't trade my life for the one I dreamed of ever! I love my life and it is exactly the one I needed! It was an answer to me that the Lord really gives us what we need not necessarily what we think we want!

1 comment:

Kerri G said...

Jer, you are such an awesome person. God had a different plan for your life and look what it has become. I have never heard or seen you so happy before. Love and miss you!!