Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Answered prayers

Thomas and I laughed as we were out for Valentine's lunch. We cannot believe how much our lives have changed in the past year. I remember vividly sitting in the temple and telling the Lord that I must not understand his plan for me because although I was trying really hard, it didn't seem that my prayers were being answered.

Since I was a little girl, all I dreamed of was being a mom. I raced home from school to be with Jodi, JD and Jake. I dressed Jodi up and pretended she was my own baby. My friends would ask me to go off, but I would have rather spent time with her. Jodi went on her fair share of dates with me thru high school. I secretly enjoyed babysitting even throughout high school. I loved kids!

So, when Thomas and I had failed adoptions and so many miscarraiges, I didn't understand why we couldn't have more kids. I dreamed of being the kool aid mom with the entire neighborhood of kids at our house.

Although I have not been patient as I should have been. I see clearly now how the Lord did answer my prayers, just not in the way I planned. He knew what was best for me! He knew the perfect plan for my life and my perfect family.

I feel so blessed. Although, I laugh that I need to be much more specific when I pray. I prayed for more kids, anticipating babies, but they came as teenagers. I could have never dreamed that in a year we could go from all little boy stuff to dealing with curfews, dating, school projects, young womens and so many other girl things... but I am so thankful that it has. I love each of these girls. I couldn't love them more if they were completely mine. They have each grown to be so important to me and I love them. And, I am even more reassured that the Lord is watching out for me and blessed me with exactly what and who I needed.

Thanks girls! With you my life is much more complete. I love you! And, I do love my life!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Nice how things turn out just as they are suppose to!

Kerri G said...

You are awesome Jer!! I remember going through these tough times with you and wanting a baby so badly. I can't tell you how happy I am that your prayers were answered, you deserve all the happiness in the world. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!! Love ya

Jamie Jo said...

I just taught a lesson last week on how the Lord answers in His way and in His time. How true. All the children in your life are lucky to have you.