Sunday, February 15, 2009

Starfish

During the middle of the week, we took a day off from Disneyland to go relax at the beach. The weather was gorgeous. Hayden is more at home on the beach than anywhere. It is totally his element.

The water was really far out and the beach seemed to stretch on forever. In fact, the water only came half way up the pier. As we were walking along the beach, we came across this huge starfish that was still alive.

Suzi and Hayden decided to throw the starfish back in the ocean. I was reminded at the story of how there was a man walking along the beach and throwing all the starfish back in the ocean. Someone approached the man and said you can't possibly save all the starfish, why do you walk along and throw them back in? The man replied, I may not be able to save them all, but I made a world of difference to this one. I have always tried to live my life by that principle and was really touched when I saw Hayden and Suzi trying to save those they could. It was a great reassurance from my Heavenly Father that day on the beach. That although I am only one, I can make a difference in those people that are around me. It also gave me the strength and reassurance that I am doing the right thing in trying to help out these incredible girls in our lives.

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

That is so cool. I love that poem also. I can't believe how big they are. Awesome job on the starfish picture. I love it!