Thursday, March 5, 2009

Frustrated

I am back to real life.... dealing with doctors and insurance. Both of which frustrate me. But today is worse than normal. Hayden had an MRI and a bunch of bloodwork and genetic testing done in January. I have repeatedly called for test results. Finally, I receive a call this morning with the MRI results and part of the lab results but am told I have to go in to the office for the genetic results and part of the bloodwork results. Okay, I make an appointment.... May 21st! You have got to be kidding me.... the results are too serious to tell me over the phone but they want me to wait almost 3 months to get them???? Do they not understand that I have other doctors and things hinging on this???? Not to mention I am thinking the worst.

After crying, yes, crying on the phone to the nurse, I find out that the nuerologist is out of town until next week. So, I must wait to see what will happen. But, come on doctors, don't you know that this stuff is way harder on moms than anyone? I think to be a pediatric doctor, the requirement is that you have kids so you know how incredibly stressful this stuff is on parents.

So, test results, and therapy is all on hold again, thanks to not being able to get test results. Me, I need a good nap after work. Maybe that will take some of the anxiety and stress away. I guess that being told he has autism last week and now not knowing what other problems are going on is sometimes a little on the overwhelming side. But, I love my little boy and regardless of what the doctors say, we couldn't love him more. I guess I will be camping out in the nuerologist office next week.... they will eventually have to see me, right? (As a back up plan... the developmental pediatrician and regualar pediatrician are going to try and help get the results).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would title your post Beyond Frustrated. I would be freaking out. And i would do exactly what you intend to do... camp out at the doctors office until they help you! That is ridiculous. Keep us posted.

Darce said...

I hear you! It doesn't make sense--what doctors do, or don't do! Stick to your guns--remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil! Hayden couldn't have a better mom.

Connie said...

Hang in there...take deep breaths and do what you need to do. I hope you got your nap...good mom, you!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh Jer, that sounds awful. Make a huge stink! I think you should not only camp out, but bring a loud radio with you! Autism? I don't know all there is to know about it, of course, but that surprises me just based on all you say about him in your blog. Are they sure? I have two neighbors whose boys have Asperger's (sp?) which is a form. I'll have to ask them if they have any good recommendations for how to cope. Hang in there.