Sunday, March 15, 2009

Funny Hayden sayings

Hayden cracks us up. He says funny, off the wall things all the time. In fact, when it is Hayden's turn to pray, I get a whole lot of laughter from the girls.

Here are some of his funny remarks this past week or two:

We had been to the developmental pediatrician and we were talking about him crying a lot as a baby, when Hayden piped up and said, "Mom, don't be upset that I was crying so much. It was just that I missed heaven and Jesus so badly that I wanted to go back."

At the doctors office regarding his upcoming tonsil surgery he said, "Mom, is Grandma Sue and Jesus going to be there during this surgery like they were when I had my heart surgery?" I said, I am sure they will be (not knowing what else to say and trying to hold back the tears). Hayden replied, "Oh, that's good, it wasn't scary since they were with me. I will be okay."

He prayed the other night that Ariyona would stop teasing him and she would get better manners. Ann and Taylor were dying laughing. Then, Hayden during the middle of the prayer said, "Please bless the girls will all learn to be reverent when someone is praying". That was it, total hysteria at our house. Everyone was laughing.

He says "Good luck with that" all the time. He says it in the funniest moments. He doesn't get sarcasm yet but with the three teenagers around he is using the phrases without understanding the meanings. Cracks us up! He is starting to talk like a teenager.

He wants alone time when he gets home from school. He walks in, says hi to the girls and then is off to one of two places... either his closet with the door shut or out on the trampoline. I asked him why and he said, "Mom, I have been around people all day. I need some quiet alone time." What a kid. After 30 minutes in the closet and he is again ready to be around people. Got to love him.

My favorite and his most often repeated phrase, "I want my mom!" He says it all the time and more and more often. He loves me, what can I say. He is a momma's boy 100% and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hayden sure keeps us laughing. We sure love him and the joy he brings to us all.

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Hayden, you crack me up!!!!!!!! You should be a stand-up comedian!