Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Escape

That is exactly what it was... an escape from reality, dealing with kids and housework. Thomas and I were scheduled to go out of town and the plans ended up falling thru. When Thomas got home from work on Saturday at 4:00, I told him I was bummed that we didn't end up going out of town.

Within 20 minutes, we had a hotel booked in Scottsdale, had the kids taken care of, and we were off for an overnight getaway.

We ate at the Bamboo Club. Such good food, I had the macadamia nut crusted halibut with asparagus and it was to die for. The best part was sitting outside on the patio with the cool breeze and just listening to the silence. A bird flew up and landed next to me and just sat there. I loved being able to take the time to just enjoy nature and the beautiful breeze and spring air.

This morning, Thomas and I laid in a huge recliner by the pool, under the cabana. It was perfect. I didn't want to come back to reality. I sure like the relaxing moments of just being away from it all.

But, I am a better mom and wife now that I have had a break. I sure needed one. I love all my kiddos but needed a mommy time-out. I am so much better now that I had one.

5 comments:

Kenna said...

Awesome! Us mommies all need a break once in awhile:)

Jamie Jo said...

Moms and marriages do need those getaways. Your poolside cabana sounds wonderful. We had a nice week last week, but snow and rain again today. :( I could use a getaway like that. For now I'll have to settle for a bubble bath with a good book.

Darce said...

Good for you!!!

Connie said...

Yay for the get-away! Nothing like a good mommy re-charge!

Bob and Danya said...

All I can say is that I'm totally jealous!!!