Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

I love conference weekend. I love the idea of being in my jammies all day and getting to watch conference on tv. I love the talks.

This year, Jodi, Suzi, Brooklyn and Briggy all spent the night on Saturday night. We had fun playing games and chatting while the guys were at Priesthood session. I love playing games and especially love playing them with Suzi and Jodi! I love watching the kiddos playing together.

Sunday morning we got up and had a birthday party for Brooklyn. I can't believe she is 6 years old. I love her and her spunky little personality. I love that her and Hayden are becoming such good friends.

I loved the talks, the inspiration and the renewal of my desire to try to do what is right. I LOVED Elder Bednar's talk and appreciated his honesty and his realness that there isn't just one time of a "perfect" FHE or great discussion that kids remember. It is the consistency and trying, in spite of our failed attempts, that teach our children. I am so thankful for that talk.

I loved President Monson's sweet talk on service. I am grateful for this gospel, for inspired leaders and a loving Heavenly Father that loves me, encourages me and inspires me. I am so thankful for my renewed energy to try harder, be better and do more in living up to what and who the Lord knows I can be. What a rejevenating weekend!

No comments: