Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hayden

Yesterday was a nightmare! We had to leave the house at 6:30 am for a CT scan.

Poor Hayden, he hates hospitals. The entire way there, he kept asking if they were going to do the IV with a J-tip. (Sad, that he knows the name of the different IV techniques). Since it was Banner Desert instead of PCH, I didn't know what to expect.

Poor Hayden, he was dehydrated, so they had a hard time getting IV's in, he was so sad, crying into me. I hated seeing him so upset. He looked at me with those big blue eyes, and pleaded with me for the hurt to stop. My heart broke as I could do nothing for him. I couldn't take it away, not the pain or the hurt, even though I was there.

At that moment, I was taken back to a time not so long ago that I was on my knees, begging my Heavenly Father to take my pain away. I remember feeling His presence, feeling him near, but the pain inside hurting so badly. I was blessed to be able to see the love my Heavenly Father had for me. As I held Hayden, I did everything I could to soothe him, and comfort him. I was there, as the Lord is always there for me. I am so grateful for this knowledge of a loving parent, that loves me and wants to make things better for me.

Hayden survived. It wasn't fun. He had a really long day. But, in the end, all is okay.

1 comment:

Monroe Family said...

Hayden is such a brave boy!