Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Dance

Hayden comes home yesterday from school and tells me that there is going to be a Valentine's Dance. Are you kidding me, he is 8 years old. I tell him, he can go since it is during school. Thomas laughed at me and said, hello, they will have music and the kids are just going to run around. I laugh at myself and tell him he is right, its not like they are getting dates, I am panicking for no reason.

So, I pick Hayden up from school today and he has a HUGE smile on his face. I ask how his day was and he says, "The BEST!!!" Before I can ask why, he says, "I asked Emma to go to the dance with me and she said, YES!" then goes on with, "Justin and Dalton asked her, but she didn't want to go with them, she wanted to go with me."

I am still in shock, that my 8 year old, just asked a girl to a dance, seriously, am I having this talk with one of the girls, or Hayden.

So, I am telling Thomas tonight and trying to think of how to respond. Thomas tells Hayden, "Girls are yucky!" Hayden says, all serious, "Dad, really? What would be yucky is if I like guys. Aren't you glad I like a girl?" Other than busting up laughing, I didn't know how to respond. I am in unchartered territory here. HELP!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Thank for the laugh...that kid is a riot! So glad the surgery went well and that you're recovering and that your trip was so much fun. Sorry about the washer, car etc.

Pallets and Pearls said...

Haha! Oh no... it's already starting and he's only 8! Good luck Jer :) I'm sorry I haven't been there yet and have no advice. That's funny he said it would be yucky if he liked boys.. I guess that is true. haha

Jamie Jo said...

That's hilarious!! What a funny kid.