Saturday, February 6, 2010

Monkeys & Crocs

On Thursday it was time for the excursion I was most looking forward to, floating down the river thru the rain forest to see wildlife. There were not many takers and only me and Thomas, Dad & Bonnie and Ashlee & Tracy decided to go. It was absolutely amazing.


We had food so the monkeys jumped on the boat. So cool to touch a monkey in the rainforest. This little monkey followed me wherever I went on the boat. He was so cute!

This little guy loved Thomas. I love how he is holding on to him while he is eating his apple. He jumped down, held Thomas' hand and with his other hand, he grabbed the apple. He continued to hold on to Thomas to make sure he didn't go anywhere with the food. So cute!

I loved the way that the monkeys would look directly into my eyes as if they were trying to figure me out. They were amazing. It was so neat to be so close to them and interact with them. I thought how this is a once in a lifetime to be in the rain forest in Costa Rica actually feeding and touching a monkey.

They put an apple slice on my head so the monkey would jump up to get it. I was a little nervous but loved it! Loved the monkeys!

Then, Thomas actually fed the crocodiles. What he was thinking, I'll never know, but he loved it!

The crocs were getting a little too close to me for my comfort level! Not sure I loved seeing their eyes and huge teeth.


I think for me, Thomas and my dad, it was one of the best excursions we had ever been on. I loved the interaction with the wildlife and the rain forest is amazing! Very peaceful, very serene and amazingly gorgeous!

On the way back we stopped and talked to some locals. They were so humble, so sweet and just the greatest people. I wanted to spend more time getting to know them, hear their sweet stories and learn what they did with their lives.


1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Looks like an amazing trip (but of course I think Thomas is totally CRAZY for feeding crocodiles)! Good grief! Men!