Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surgery

So, we get home from Costa Rica at 12:30am. I wake up Hayden and play with him, go to work all day and try to get caught up from the past week and get everything together for the coming week. Come home to a broken washing machine, a car that broke down, and having to get ready for surgery the next morning. It was a CRAZY 24 hours.

Tuesday morning, I finally had the surgery that I have been putting off for years. I have a D&C, biopsys and other fun female surgery stuff. I am happy to say that I am relieved that there will be no more miscarraiges and no more heartache in that area. I did NOT enjoy surgery nor being down for a week. I am recovering and feeling more like myself, but have had a slow go at it.

I felt so loved during this past week. I have had so many people call, come over, bring us dinner, help out with Hayden, and just sit with me. I have felt the genuine love that comes only from my Savior. I have felt the peace that only he can bring. I have felt his love and his sweet reassurance that I am his daughter and that he loves me. I am grateful for experiences and testimony building faith that has come thru this past week. And, although I am still really tired and worn out, I am grateful for moments that make me sit back and re-evaluate my life. I am hoping that going forward I feel better and start having more energy. I definitely am not wired to stay down long, it makes me absolutely crazy!

2 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

I was wondering how you did after surgery. Glad you're healing up. Take care and take it easy (harder for you than probably anyone I've ever known! LOL)! You are one busy mom!

Jamie Jo said...

Jer, I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Losing my little baby at 11 weeks was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. I can't imagine having to feel that raw pain more than once. I had a D&C with that, but then after I had Milly I had something called a Novasure Ablation. They basically cauterize your uterus and you never have a period again. If you are still having those, I highly recommend. It's out patient, and takes longer to put you out than to do the surgery. Why do women have periods if they don't need to?