Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cooking Lessons

Hayden was so excited that Grandma Julie was staying with us while I had surgery. Since he had a half day on Friday, he figured it was the perfect time for a Grandma cooking lesson.

Grandma Julie bought him a kids cookbook that they have been working out of. They had so much fun just planning the menu and picking the recipes.

While grocery shopping for their ingredients, Hayden found these beautiful flowers for me.... I love that he always wants to get me flowers.

They started with a Hayden and Grandma creation of brownies, made especially for mommy... heath, chocolate chunk brownie bars..... and boy were they yummy!
Then they made a wonderfully yummy pasta primavera dish. Hayden cut up the broccoli, cooked the pasta, helped make the alfredo sauce and create the final dish.
He loved stirring it all together on the stove. But, he said the best part was eating it. I think that is going to become one of his favorite dinners. He sure loved it!
I am so glad that Julie is being so great with Hayden and helping him to learn so many new things. He is having so much fun with her and he is loving learning to cook!

No comments: