Thursday, September 30, 2010

Saturday adventures

Saturday we drove up to Flagstaff and ate at this cute little restaurant, Josephine's. I loved it. Most amazing part, peach struesel pie... amazing and delicious. I loved sitting outside with the wind blowing and listening to the leaves gently blowing in the wind. Awww... the simplicity of the moment was exactly what I needed.
I love Oak Creek Canyon... next to the beach, it is definitely my favorite place to be. I love being in the mountains and listening to the water as it moves across the rocks, making its way down stream. It is one of the few places that I am just content to be still and listen.

As long as we were in Flagstaff, we decided to drive up to Snowbowl. While there, somehow Thomas convinced me to go on the Ski lift up to 11,500 feet. I am terrified of heights, but this is something he has really wanted me to do with him. So, I went. I was SOOOO scared, my palms were sweating, I was white as a ghost. I think about a third of the way up that Thomas was regretting that he convinced me to go. All of the people coming down the mountain were laughing at how scared I was.
However, the view from the top was amazing and beautiful and very quiet and serene. I asked the ski lift operator if there were any other options down... helicopter, quads, I would even walk, just let my feet touch the ground. He barely smiled and just put me back on the ski lift. Oh Well. Worth a shot.
I can say that once my feet were safely back on the ground, I was glad I did it. It was something Thomas has always wanted to do. He loved every minute of it and that was worth it. Plus, the views, serenity and time to just spend quietly talking, were so wonderful. I have such a gentle, tender husband and no matter the situation, I do feel safe when I am with him!

No comments: