Friday, September 3, 2010

Very Grateful

I cannot express the sheer gratitude in my heart right now for the wonderful people in my life.

Being knocked down has given me the ability to see so many blessings in my life. Most importantly, I have been allowed to see how much people really care about me and love me.

I have never been so good at accepting help, I have needed it, but just tried to keep doing it on my own. Having been repeatedly sick and so many surgeries and hospital stays over the course of this year has taught me to be better at accepting when I need help. I have realized how much this journey of life, isn't about how much you can handle on your own, but learning to accept that we are all here to help one another through this life. And, that I need other people, I can't do it all on my own.

I haven't resisted this time thru, and have allowed a lot of people to just be there, help me out and do things for me. It has been amazing, as I haven't resisted, how much love I have felt instead.

I can't begin to list everyone that has loved me and helped me... only touching the tip here of things I am thankful for:

-Thomas for being the world's greatest husband and father-I couldn't say enough
-Julie-loving me and being there to do anything and everything I need done for me, Thomas and Hayden-don't know how I would have survived this without you.
-Hayden-the best "mom babysitter" in the world (He has officially announced tomorrow as a 2nd Mother's Day) Who wouldn't love this kid?
-Jodi-being here everyday... calling... bringing diet cokes and giving me cookie hugs
-Joyce-for taking on Hayden, driving us around and caring
-My dad-for his patience with work and calling every day to check on me
-Ann-Help with Hayden is so appreciated and so are all of the phone calls
-My family and friends that have called, dropped by and have just been so supportive.

Thanks is never enough... but you are all so much appreciated. I love each of you! I have been so filled with gratitude for my life and the wonderful people the Lord has placed in it. I have been so very very blessed!

No comments: