Sunday, May 25, 2014

Brigham's baptism

My sweet Brigham was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints yesterday. He chose to follow our Savior and keep his commandments and to follow our Savior. 

My favorite moment was talking with Brigham about the Holy Ghost. I explained to him that the Holy Ghost strengthens us and helps us be strong. Alone, we are like an empty pop can. Easily broken and squashed. But, with the Holy Ghost, we are strong. He fills us like a full soda pop can. We are strong. We can fight whatever fight we need to. We can stand for truth. The Holy Ghost will keep us strong. He will comfort us, help us, guide us, and give us the strength we need to choose the right. 

Brigham woke up this morning and told me he felt different. He felt "not alone". I love that. I love that he is so good. 

Brigham is a strong boy. He is a warrior. He has a strong spirit. He struggles and has his own unique set of challenges, as we each do. But he is special. Precious. Absolutely precious in our Savior's eyes. He is a son of God. A precious disciple of our Savior. 

I am so glad I was able to be there and feel the spirit that was so strong. Brigham and that smile that stretched across his face was priceless. 

I loved that he wanted Uncle Thomas as a witness. Thomas and I refer to Jodi's kids as our bonus children. We certainly love them. 

I am so lucky to get to be his aunt. He is precious to me. I love you Brigham! I am so so very proud of you!!!




No comments: