Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cabins

My Dad and Bonnie gave Jodi's family and our family a trip to Oak Creek Canyon for Christmas. We went the first weekend in May, only 5 days after my surgery.

Thursday night we went to Jodi's house in Glendale for the night. With plans to leave the next morning for the cabins. With me in so much pain, medications had to be changed and we didn't head out until the afternoon. 

When we arrived at the cabins, we were in awe of how well the new owners has updated the place. We loved everything from the breakfast baskets to the comfy cabins and gorgeous surroundings. It was perfect weather.  It was peaceful. It was Heaven sent. Exactly what we all needed. 

We had fun just sitting and talking. We ate BBQ. We napped. We played games. We enjoyed being together. 

Jodi brought her electric wheelchair so I could get around. It was heavenly. Seriously need to get one of those. It helped so very much. 

There is something so healing. So rejuvenating. So comforting. About being in nature. I love the gentle breezes. I love the cool air. I love the smell of pines. I love witnessing the beautiful creations of our Father in Heaven. The peace found in nature is so healing. 

I loved being with my sister and her family. And I cherished every moment spent with my precious family. What a beautiful and perfect gift. 

No comments: