Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy birthday Jodi

My sweet sister celebrated another year on this earth. We all celebrated all the ways that she brings joy and peace and happiness into our lives. 

I am the luckiest person in the world to have this amazing person as my sister. And if that was all, I would be so lucky. But she is so much more than that....  Jodi is my confidant, my shoulder to cry on, the one I turn to when I am at a loss for parenting, the one who I rely on to help me find the strength to keep fighting this illness the one who reassures me that I am enough, the one that makes me laugh when I am all out of tears, the one that can find the penny in the haystack, the one who can find a reason for me to keep going, who stands with me while I have faced some of life's most challenging moments, a second mom to my son, an incredible example of true Christlike love and my best friend. 

Jodi is a perfect example of a Christlike disciple. She is the virtuous mother. She is the shining example of our Savior's love. 

And out of all of the people in the world, I was lucky enough to be her sister. Words cannot express my gratitude or appreciation to my Savior. 

For Jodi's birthday, we all celebrated at Mi Amigos. Mexican food yumminess. Lisa, Suzi, Rosie, Kaylee, Rashelle, and I had a great time. It was so good to get out of the house. Loved visiting with them. Loved having my sister to talk to.  

Happy birthday Jodi! You deserve a year to celebrate you, not just a single day! 

No comments: