Friday, May 30, 2014

Mother's Day

I am the LUCKIEST mom in the world because I get to be this amazing boy's mother.

There is no greater gift I have been given. There is no greater love anyone could have than a mother for her children. I adore Hayden with all of my heart. He is my reason to smile. He is the reason that I force myself to keep fighting this debilitating disease. He is the reason I never stop searching for answers. He is the reason I plead my heart out each and every morning and night in prayer. He is my reason for fighting to get better in every way. 

He makes me want to be better, try harder, walk taller and be a better example of Christ. 

He has brought me more joy, love and good moments than I could have ever dreamed of. 

Thank you,  Hayden. You made me dreams come true. You are my example, my light, my strength and my true joy. I love you! Always and forever and no matter what!
I am seriously the luckiest mom around. My sweet husband and amazing son spoil me rotten. They love and adore me. I feel cherished and respected and completely loved. How lucky am I? I know that I am so blessed by these two amazing guys that I am so lucky to call mine.

Hayden went with Thomas and wanted to spoil me with the perfect gifts. Thomas said that Hayden wanted to pick it all out and make it extremely special for me.

I absolutely love this first picture of me and Hayden on the couch. That smile. That smile speaks volumes. In that smile, I feel so much love, I see such pride in his choices for gifts, the sheer joy he is finding in giving me the perfect gifts and making it the perfect Mother's Day for me. He really has learned that giving brings so much joy and happiness.
Of course, Thomas and Hayden picked out the perfect gifts that I would love, just as they always do.

They bought me a book that I have been wanting to read "The Power to Become".
I also received an orange purse. Hayden's favorite color. I love it. The purse is bright and bold and reminds me of this boy I love so completely.
I was also surprised with a couple of new shirts and a skirt for church. Am I not the luckiest mom and wife around? Definitely! Hands down. I scored big time!
Mother's Day morning, Thomas and Hayden got up and made breakfast for me, Grandma Joyce and Grandma Julie. He went all out. French toast with a strawberry glaze, eggs, toast, bacon, and hash-browns. Yummy!

Joyce absolutely and with all of her heart, LOVED that her son and grandson would get her a corsage to wear to church. She was in heaven. I love the smile it put on her face.
Thomas bought each of us a purse. He did a great job picking the perfect gift for each of us.
Poor Julie, when she comes over, she is mauled by the pups. They love and adore her. I guess they too, were wishing her a Happy Mother's Day. She definitely spoils them to pieces.
She loved her purse and corsage, as well.
Thomas and Hayden pulled off the ultimate best Mother's Day. It was perfect. I was with my boys and that alone would have made it the perfect day. Gifts are nice. It is great to be remembered and appreciated. But when it all comes down to it....I just need my boys. I need my husband and my sweet son. Everything else...just icing on the cake.

No comments: