Sunday, May 3, 2015

5 kids- 4 dogs- 2 adults with fun

What a fun weekend. 
Jake took Rosie out of town for her birthday so Thomas and I agreed to watch the kids. We took Hayden and Chad with us. And Max and Maya. 

We played Logo Party and Apples to Apples. We played dice. We played pinball games and call of,duty. (Ok I slept. They played video games.). 
We swam and taught the pups to swim. The rest of them all played volleyball. We laughed. We played. We had a great time together. We barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers, ate an entire watermelon and downed chips. I cannot believe how much five teenagers can eat. I sure love all these kids. 
I love that these kids sit around and talk. Even while they sit on their phones. They play. They have fun. I enjoyed the precious time with all of them. (Even if I couldn't move for days. It was so worth the wonderful conversations and memories made. I love the relationship all these cousins have. I love my precious moments with each of them.)

But, five teenagers and four dogs do keep things hopping. My dream would have been to have 5 kids. Maybe not four dogs. And it would have been a fun and crazy life. I love the dynamics yet they would have also been crazy. Life is funny. 
Who would have ever thought that Chloe would decide even she liked me. 

No comments: