Sunday, May 24, 2015

Game night

Sweet Brooklyn had her choice to do anything she wanted while her dad and brothers were at Father's and Sons. She chose to come visit Hayden. She wanted to come play games with us. I felt so loved and so wanted. Ok. Maybe she wanted Hayden but still. That means I got my sister and sweet niece. 

We played games. Lisa and gang came over. We played Logo Party and Apples to Apples and more we ate treats and had cold stone creamery. We had a great time. I love all the smiles. I love all the fun. I love all the joy and laughter we had. I cherished each moment. 

Family is so important to me. Family has your back. They love you and cherish you. 

Brooklyn and Hayden's relationship means so much to me. It breaks my heart that Hayden doesn't have siblings. I love and cherish my siblings. I can't imagine my life without them. So it just tears me apart inside knowing Hayden doesn't have that. And then, I look around. Hayden and Brooklyn are bestest buds. They have each other's backs. They love one another and both consider the other their beat friend. 

And then I look at my own cousin Lisa and her family sitting in my home playing games with me and Jodi and our families. And I think. It will be ok. Me and Lisa are cousins yet close. She has my back. And although I wish Hayden had a Jodi and JD and Jake and Josh he will and does have a Brooklyn and Brigham and Talmage and Kaylee and Katelyn and Kiley and JD and Josh's kids. Lots of cousins and lots of love. 

So Brooklyn. Thank you for easing my heart. For answering my prayers and helping me to see that Hayden has so many people that love Hayden. Thanks for helping me to realize that Hayden is going to be just fine. And Brooklyn, one of my greatest desires is that you and Hayden will always stay close. Always. I love you, Missy! Thank you for loving my precious boy!

No comments: