Saturday, May 23, 2015

Easter

Easter weekend was fun. Jodi's gang spent the night. In the morning we had a scavenger hunt for the kids to find their gifts. Hayden loved that he got beats headphones in his basket. Along with new flip flops and a cool hat. Jodi's kids got fun toys and new swimsuits and flip flops. So fun. We laughed trying to hide those big eggs. In the dryer. In the washer. Laundry baskets and behind couches. Fun stuff. I love the laughter and joy. The happy whispering of voices and fun. Most of all, I love the love that is felt. I. So happy when they are here. 

Life's little moments are the best. Tmans face when the egg was in our favorite place in my home... With the cereal. All Brigham's eggs were associated with his favorites, the puppies. Under their bed, with their treats and Brooklyn's had to do with Hayden and Minecraft. Joy is family. Family is Heaven on earth. Definitely how I feel with so many loved ones around. 

Being conference weekend, we spent the day listening to inspired messages from the prophet and apostles. The council was what I needed. So perfect. The Holy Ghost filled our hearts and home. 

Right after conference, we headed to Jake's for a family party. We talked. We laughed. We were all together for some priceless moments and made some special memories. I soaked it in. Each laugh and smile, each emotion and each hug. It was a great night. 

We all then gathered at the park for pictures. It was so fun being together and laughing. I looked around and counted my blessings. I am surrounded by good people and lots and lots of love. I have a lifetime of memories with each person there. Some longer than other, some more than others, but each holds a precious place in my heart. Each one holds special memories and treasured moments that have pieced together my life. 

It was great celebrating the birth and resurrection of our precious Savior. He lives. He was triumphal. He could not be kept in the tomb. For that knowledge and understanding. I am so grateful. I testify that I know of His divinity and that He lives. 

No comments: