Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mother's Day

I am the absolutely luckiest mom on earth because I was chosen to be this precious boy's mom. He is my world. He is my precious and darling boy. 

I have had he amazing opportunity of homeschooling this precious boy for the past year and a half. I have absolutely loved spending every day with him. I have loved our chats. I have loved talking with him about everything from scriptures, our relationship with our Savior, to sitcoms and political stances to history and how to be a good parent and husband. I've watched this sweet bit learn to clean the house top to bottom. He can do everything needed starting in the yard with weeding, trim in bushes, planting flowers, cleaning up poop, sweeping and even cleaning windows. He has accomplished learning to sort, wash, and fold laundry. He can clean a mean bathroom. He can sweep and mop and dust. He can clean the fridge absolutely amazing. He has learned to smile and laugh and talk and enjoy working. 

The other day he looked at me and said, "I love being a team with you. We make such a great team in everything."  We do. He is my precious boy. 

We have had fun doing the simple things when I haven't felt good enough to get out of bed. We have read books together. We have read the Disney at dark series and watched the entire shows of House and Numbers and Still watching Once Upon a Time. We have loved Mythbusters and story of America and so many other documentaries. 

We have read scriptures and church books. We have talked of eternal salvation and Lehi's dream and Nephi and Moroni and how history repeats itself. We have laughed together and cried together. We have loved our time together. 

Hayden has become so gentle and so kind. He has become so sweet and helpful. He works hard and gives his all. He tenderly will put a blanket over me when I fall asleep. He will get me my meds and get me drinks and something to eat. He will help me up and do what I need. He can take care of me when I am sick. And although I wish he didn't have to. I wish he didn't know how to do this because that would mean that he wouldn't ever have to. That I wouldn't have been sick. But he has. And he is absolutely amazing at it. And he will make an absolutely incredible husband and father someday. He is so much like his dad. 

Thomas has taught Hayden to treat me like gold. Thomas taught him to do laundry and clean our home. He has taught him to be kind and sensitive and treat women like gold. He has taught him to sacrifice and love with all of his heart. He has given him the sense of pride in accomplishment and the joy in bringing a smile to a face. 

Yes. I am absolutely the luckiest mom and wife in the world. I'm so blessed to have these two amazing guys in my life. I absolutely love and adore them. 

And if they make me feel this amazing every day - they even helped me feel more loved and cherished and special on Mother's Day. They woke me up with breakfast and huge smiles on their faces. They showered me with hugs and compliments and love. 

It was a perfect day! With the absolutely perfect guys for me. Thomas although not perfect is perfect for me. And Hayden slough not perfect, has brought me more joy and happiness. And I think for a 13 year old boy, he is absolutely the closest he can come to being perfect. He is a precious and wonderful boy. He has been the absolutely perfect son for me. And I am definitely the luckiest person on earth that I am blessed to get to spend my life with these two. 



No comments: