Sunday, November 29, 2015

Putting up the tree

One of my favorite days of the year..... Putting up the tree!

After Thomas and Hayden out up the tree and fluffed the branches, Thomas doubled over and didn't move. I asked if I should call 911. He was holding his head. Oh how he scared me. He only muttered the words, "get someone to give me a blessing!"  I was so scared. 

Thomas had recently given me a blessing. I was struggling to walk and breathe. However, it was amazing how quickly I made it next door. Brother Dove answered the door and I explained the situation. He told me he son had just shown up so they would come immediately. What a blessing he was there. 

The blessing promised Thomas would be okay. That his symptoms would ease. That the intense pressure in his head would calm and his vision would return. 

I was so frightened of losing this man. This man that holds my heart and my world. This man that loves me and sustains me and lifts me. This man that is absolutely the best father and dad around. This man that loves and supports and cherishes his wife. I was so scared. In all of my struggles, I have never feared so much. The thought of surviving without Thomas and I about lost it. 

I'm grateful for a husband that loves me so much. That cherishes his marriage. That regards being a husband and father more than everything. He honors his priesthood and it says so much about him that the first place he would turn is to our Savior. 

I'm so grateful that he was ok. That he is better. That he is such a strong man. I love you with all my heart, Thomas. I'm so grateful to be your wife. 

No comments: