Sunday, November 29, 2015

Time out for women

At the beginning of November, I had the amazing opportunity to go to time out for women with my sweet sister, my niece and her cousin. Oh how I loved spending time with my sister. I sure love and adore her and who she is. 

Some of my favorite moments included Brooklyn. After the first speaker, the girls were in heaven. They loved everything said to them. They idolized these amazing men and women that were teaching them to be more Christlike and how to become who they were supposed to be. 

I had talked to Brooklyn about Laurel Christensen Day and how we were friends in college and worked together in the MTC Mailroom. I laughed at the things we did together. 

Brooklyn waited in line to meet her and get her autograph. She said that she was my niece and laurel gave her a huge hug and told her then she must be cool. Then asked where I was. Brooklyn pointed behind her. Laurel hugged me. Then was in awe that Jodi had a daughter the same age when she met Jodi. Time flies by. Brooklyn was in heaven. 

Another favorite moment... On the way home, Brooklyn was talking about how happy she was. Jodi and I talked to her about the Holy Ghost and what she was feeling. She then explained what Laurel had taught her about the Holy Ghost and all the fruits of the spirit. I loved listening to her excited about the gospel. 

I loved the messages. But most of all just loved spending time with my sister. That itself is always a gift. 

No comments: