Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving miracle

The day after Thanksgiving was a day I will ALWAYS remember and cherish. Jodi called and asked if her and josh and JD could stop by for a visit. She said Jake wanted to but was out of town.

I asked why? They have never all come before. Why now? What had Jodi done? I was nervous. I was unsure of why. 

Josh and JD and Jodi came over. We talked. We small talked. We caught up on one another's lives. It was so nice. Then JD said, "should we tell her why we are here?"  I panicked. I couldn't breathe. Jodi pulled something out of her pocket. She talked of my deductible and knew I was trying to ween off medications so that I wouldn't have to stop them cold turkey in January. She wanted me to get the help from doctors I needed. She knew I couldn't due to money. She also knew of my not having our $5000 deductible to get treatment or see doctors or take medications. Just no money. 

Jodi handed me a check for $1,250. Then JD handed me a check for $1,250. Then Josh handed me a check for $1,250. And they told me Jake had written one. $5000. Just because they love me. Because I matter. 

I cried. Tears fell down my checks. My heart could have burst. I talked of miracles. I talked of gratitude in the Savior. I talked of how blessed I have been. And how our Savior answers prayers. Tears fell. No words were spoken besides by me and Jodi. I think I shocked JD and Josh as I was so in awe of the gift but also didn't want to burden them with my issues. I hugged them all. 

As they left, I hit my knees in gratitude. I thanked my Savior for answering my prayer. For inspiring my sister to again help me get the treatment I need to live. I'm grateful for the most loving and caring sister I've ever known. One that feels the spirit and loves me and our Savior with all her heart. 

As I looked at those checks, I felt surrounded in love. Gratitude and hope and peace and blessings indescribable. I'm so appreciative. And I again receive a lifesaving and a miracle greater than I deserve. For that and so much more, I am truly truly, grateful. 

No comments: