Friday, May 1, 2009

Kaylee updated

Kaylee went in for emergency surgery yesterday afternoon. She was getting really puffy again, the drains weren't working, her fever spiked back up and the infection has come back. They put another drain in and removed all the infection and drained stuff. I talked to her on the phone this morning and she seems to be feeling better. She is on medication and sounds so funny. She just wants to come home.

The doctors pulled her out of school for the rest of the year and said she would be in the hospital until at least next Wednesday. I think they are all done with hospitals and surgeries.

I so empathize with Jake and Rosie. It is so hard watching a child hurt, struggle and be in pain. And, being in the hospital is absolutely exhausting. But, I see so many little miracles working thru Kaylee. She has always been such a good girl and has such a strong spirit. She has an amazing attitude and positive outlook. She is so extremely positive and cheerful thru this experience. She is being a great example, even thru her illness. I sure love my little Kaylee!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hope things are improving for the little cutie!