Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ann

Ann moved out this past week. It is awfully quiet here. She is 19 years old and needed to move on with her life. I was on my own, in college at her age.

Luckily, she is only living about 2 miles from us. We have been over there and her here. I feel so strange. I find myself calling to check on her and wondering how she is. Okay, I have talked to her and seen her almost as much in the past couple of days she has been gone as I did when she was here, but it is different walking by her room and not seeing her stuff.

I miss her! But, know that this is what is best for her. I told her she had to live on her own BEFORE she got married. That she needed to understand the difference between reality and marriage. Marriage is great, hard work, but worth it. Sometimes reality and trying to pay for things and make it on your own, stinks. I didn't want her to get married and have to adjust to that and the changes of being on your own all at the same time.

No, she isn't engaged, but her and Trevor are in love and think that is where they are headed. I really like Trevor's mom and it has been fun getting to know her. We both have the same goals for Ann and Trevor and are encouraging them to go to school and focus on their future.

I guess I will get used to it just being me, Thomas and Hayden again. It is just an adjustment.

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

That's a bittersweet thing, I'm sure. I've been planning on Josh and Rach moving out in a few years and thinking about how I would redecorate their rooms, and how much more space we'd have. But after reading that, now I don't think I want them to go so much.