Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a low key Thanksgiving this year and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!

We were supposed to have all the Murphy's over and plans changed and unfortunately it didn't work out. So, we improvised at the last minute.

Instead of the big turkey dinner that the fixings were in the freezer for, we decided since it was just going to be the four of us, we would go easy. Yep, I did it, I ordered a Bashas meal. Thomas picked it up at 7am on Thanksgiving and all we had to do was heat it up.

Jodi and Talmage came over early and Jodi and I started our annual going thru the ads and figuring out what we needed and where we wanted to head. We had a game plan all figured out.

We then heated up our Thanksgiving meal, enjoyed being together and it was Yummy Yummy!

Most importantly, I was with my family that I love. After dinner, Thomas, Hayden, Ann and I headed out to see The Blind Side. (This movie will get its own post). Fantastic.

Later that evening we headed to my dad's for pie with all the Simonton's. It was fun to be with them. Here we are all talking to JD. Josh, Dad, Jodi and Jake.

Hayden sure loves his cousins and being with them.

He loves his Grandpa, too!

I had a fantastic Thanksgiving and it was one of those days that I NEEDED very much! I loved it and was very grateful for a relaxing day with my family!

No comments: