Friday, November 13, 2009

No Homework

I love Hayden's teacher. The students earn "positives" for good behavior, excellent work or going above and beyond what is required. They are difficult to earn and really stretch the kids to be better.

Then the treasure box is full of creative rewards for the kids. They aren't just cheap junk. Some of the contents are: dress down day where they don't have to wear the school uniform; lunch with you, a buddy and the teacher; trading chairs with the teacher for the day; and a free homework pass.

Hayden has earned lunch with teacher and now a free homework pass. We have a strict no video game policy on school nights. Since, he didn't have homework, I told him he could also play his DS during the time it would have taken him to do homework. He LOVED it!

I absolutely loved having a night without homework. It was as big of a treat for me as it was Hayden! Hooray! I can't say enough wonderful things about Mrs. Crawford! She is amazing!!!! And, yes, I have told the principal and even put it in writing. She is the perfect example and best teacher around!!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh gosh!!! I hope you all feel better soon. Hang in there.

P.S. I also don't get people who ask personal questions (and actually expect to get an answer!).

Bob and Danya said...

Hooray for no homework! I love no homework! :)