Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gratitude

I am already beginning to see the blessings that have been given to me over the past several weeks!

1. I feel loved! So many friends and family have dropped their lives to take care of me!
2. I know the Lord has been looking out for me. He always does, but it has been very obvious this time around.
3. The anesthesiologist that used essential oils was a blessing. Not only did it help in my recovery, it was as if the Lord was saying, "Jerlyn. Be still. I am here." He found someone that spoke to me. My language. The Lord so willingly gave me what I needed. He was showing me He was there in room 103B on Thursday with me. I will NEVER forget it!
4. Hayden was okay. In fact, Suzi took him on a vacation to Utah. There was no stress about me being in the hospital. Thomas wasn't pulled in different directions. I was able to just get well. I knew Hayden was having the time of his life and he was being cared for. What a relief!
5. Hayden woke up in the morning and said, "Mom, are you excited to get to see your mom today?" Me, that made me a little nervous, until he added, "Grandma is always there for me during my surgeries and she loves you so much. She will be with you today!" And, I felt her love and her there.
6. Julie. She has given up so very much for me. She has walked me thru this. She has let me cry. She has been my strength. I can't express enough the gratitude I have for her being here for me.
7. My sweet sister and brothers. I have felt their love, their support, their caring and their sheer willingness and desire to take this from me. How lucky am I?
8. My dad. We have shared some sweet, meaningful conversations. He is a good man and I have been blessed to realize his love for me.
9. My testimony. Each day. Every day. It has been strengthened and renewed.
10. I have been able to see blessings, tender mercies and healing in each day. I feel watched over, cared for and loved.
When this is over, watch out world, a new Jerlyn is emerging and I can already tell that me and her are going to accomplish many great things.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Bless you, Jerlyn!!!

Monroe Family said...

Jer, thanks for sharing with us!! You've definitely been in my prayers!