Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Surgery-Post Op


I survived! Right now, that is a great feeling because I sure struggled before the surgery, both emotionally and physically. It sure wasn't fun! I feel so blessed to be on the other side of the looming surgery date, because from here on out, things are getting better.

I was given the sweetest blessing by my dad before surgery. Thomas and I both wanted him to be the one to do this for me. I was promised many wonderful things in my blessing. Mostly, that I would be okay. That the Lord wasn't ready for me yet. As my mom was 39 years old when she went in to surgery and came out paralyzed, I was REALLY struggling with going under and the effects the surgery could have on me. My brain realized it wasn't the same, but my heart was so scared. The Lord addressed each of my concerns in his sweet blessing, calmed my fears and gave me the strength and hope I needed to make it thru the surgery.

Actual details: Surgery went fairly quickly.  The tumor and problems were much bigger and more serious than they imagined, but the doctor was able to get it all. I am officially in menopause. No more girly parts, including my ovaries, they took it all. I had great nurses, doctors and care-givers. I had a great support system of people that called and came up and checked on me. I had the knowledge that my very real and loving Heavenly Father was with me. I am truly grateful!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Wow! You have had a whirlwind of a March! So sorry you had to go through all of that! I'm glad you've had people to take care of you. You are definitely loved! Hang in there and TAKE IT EASY! (ya, I know you....slowing down is the hardest thing for you)!