Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Prayer

I am not always completely with it while on pain killers. They seriously effect my thinking. Sunday was an incredible day. I felt so loved and had so many visitors. Dad and Bonnie visited me and talked for quiet a while. Joyce stopped by. Julie came and brought me a laptop to use, Ann came over and a couple people from the ward stopped by.

That evening, Jake & Rosie made dinner and Kaylee made a cake. We were just talking and Josh called to say he was on his way over. With him headed over, we called Jodi and Suzi and told them to come over. It was the funnest impromptu party. I love it when we all get together. It makes my heart so happy! My brothers are great at smiling and making me laugh. We all hung out together until about 10pm.

After getting ready for bed, I took meds and had to wait up until they kicked in before I could attempt trying to sleep. I dozed on the couch for a while and then tried to get into bed. Due to habit, influence of percocet and sheer tiredness, I was in routine mode. Without thinking, I knelt down by my bed to say my prayers. Again, I think, WHAT WAS I THINKING? I found myself next to the bed and no possible way to get up. Thomas had already gone to bed. He was in a sound sleep. I kept calling his name, getting louder and louder and he was still snoring. I hollered for Suzi, who had just gone to bed... no luck. I tried crawling over to the trunk to see if I could pull myself up, but no luck! I finally threw enough pillows at Thomas that he woke up. He had to completely lift me into bed. I laughed. Am I crazy? I will definitely be thinking before I do anything like that again.

It was such a great day, I needed to show gratitude. Thomas assured me that the Lord would understand if I prayed from my bed or couch. Too funny!

No comments: