Thursday, March 4, 2010

Out of Control

Sometime in the last week, I have COMPLETELY and ENTIRELY lost control of all emotions and my life. I do not know how anyone deals with hormone imbalance. I have so much empathy. So much more understanding. The surgery I had to correct the problems, has only exaggerated them. What was painful, annoying and bothersome has now become unbearable and I am completely unrational to these hormones and feelings inside of me. I am guessing the surgery on ovaries didn't work.

So, when the OB's office has contacted me numerous times a day, my homeopathic doctor, and our essential oil friend are calling every couple of hours to see if they are being able to balance anything out, I know that I am in over my head. So far, not much improvement. Trust be told, they gave me a straight out valium and it still isn't mellowing me out much. I am wondering how I am going to survive to surgery on April 14th. It feels like a lifetime away.

I am seriously re-thinking changing or canceling our Nauvoo trip that we have so looked forward to going to. It is April 7 - 13. Hence surgery on April 14th.

Although, all doctors are telling me if I can just make it until Monday, that things should start calming down. Problem is: I don't know if at this rate I am going to make it until Monday.

I am so thankful for an understanding and supportive group of incredible family & friends that are rallying around me to make sure that I am still here on Monday. :) No, that are just trying to help out.

I am so thankful for the most wonderful, caring, loving husband on earth. Thankful that my dad told me to put work on the back burner and just get better, to Suzi and Jodi who are ALWAYS there. And, right now, especially to Julie who came over last night and sat up with me all night with Thomas, as they tried to work out medications with me. And, who has contacted me every hour today to try and help me survive this. I love you all, more than you will ever know!

So, full hysterectomy, bladder surgery, the works, bring it on! It can't be any worse than this. I know the pain may be bad but if someone can get these emotions and hormones under control, I will be eternally grateful.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Jerlyn!!! Dang, so sorry to hear about what's going on. I will send prayers and good thoughts your way...can I do anything else for you?

Jamie Jo said...

Jer, I'm so so sorry!! I've had depression/anxiety for years, and I know what it's like when I'm off my meds, and there are times I want to check myself into the psych ward. I can't imagine having to wait it out that long for things to improve.
See if Ben & Jerry's and a bubble bath help at all. I know that probably sounds simple, but sometimes the small things make a difference. Oh, and get a massage or something! I wish I was there to help.

Anonymous said...

Jer! Had no idea you were dealing with all this. No fun at all!! I like the idea of Ben & Jerry's and bubble bath though. Keep it simple for the next few weeks. You'll make it through.

Unknown said...

Jer, so sorry things did not go as planned with the surgery. I think you have had your share of trials for a lifetime in the last little while. Hang in there. We are praying for all of you.

Kenna said...

I am so sorry! I hope you get feeling better soon. I will keep you in my prayers! Hang in there!!!

Monroe Family said...

I will definitely send prayers your way. I just know you can make it through. You are such a strong lady!!