Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My boy

Hayden has been saying funny, funny things this past week.... some I really don't want to forget.

Most importantly, every prayer, asking forgiveness that he is not following the prophet by not having a picture of the temple in his room. Nevermind that we have 11 (yes we counted) in our house, and we even put one in his room but it wasn't "his own" so it didn't count. (Proud to say, we are a new owner of a temple picture bought especially for his room.)

Monday, he asked me how much money he needed for an apartment. Confused, I asked why and he said, "You said when I was 12 years old, I could stay on my own. I was thinking that is only 2 1/2 years away and I better start saving for rent for my apartment." Trying not to die laughing, we sat and I explained that he would still live with us, only he would be able to stay at our house if I was running to the grocery store. He smiled and said, "What a relief. I knew I hadn't learned everything you needed to teach me yet. And, I'm not sure I will be able to do my homework without you." Silly boy.

I overheard Hayden down on his knees praying and it went something like this...."Heavenly Father, don't let my mommy die. I still need her to teach me a lot of things. I still need her." I am so glad that I could hear his sweet little prayer to reassure him that I will be around for a long time.

H:"Mom, doesn't Grandma or Jodi or someone need your help?"
Me: "I don't know, why, do you think I need to be doing something for someone?"
H? Smiling, "No, I just need some daddy time and was hoping I could get you to go somewhere without hurting your feelings."
Translation: I want to play my DS but you have a strict no video games rule during the week and if I can get you out of the house, I can convince Daddy to play with me.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Such a cutie...I'm laughing so hard about the apartment conversation...haha!

Jodi Davis said...

That had me laughing out loud! Where does he come from?!