Sunday, April 10, 2011

Traditions

I remember fondly as I child, whenever it rained, coming home to warm chocolate chip cookies. With the wonderful rain we received yesterday, I had to have the smell of rain and choc. chip cookies coming out of the oven. Two of my very favorite smells, coming together to remind me of the perfect childhood that I had. For all the love, laughter, fun times and great memories, I am truly grateful! I hope to pass along some of those same wonderful traditions and great moments to Hayden!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hurray for great memories, traditions and rain!!!

Jamie Jo said...

I love rain! Ususally. I love the smell of rain on pavement. In Oregon we would get a lot of drizzly rain, but I don't remember any big storms. Texas had storms! I remember our first big storm there after moving to Amarillo from Eugene. Thunder and Lightening like crazy! My Dad came into mine and Stacey's bedroom and got us up for a little party at the window to watch it. He would do that everytime. So for me, I love the big storms because they remind me of those special times with my dad. When I moved the kids here we had a big storm with thunder reverbarating off the mountains. It was awesome! However, 3 year old Daniel was cowering under the covers. One of our favorite rainstorm treats is hot cocoa, with oatmeal, peaches and whip cream! Oh-try buying the CoffeeMate creamers for your cocoa to make wonderful flavors. Milly uses them plain in her milk and calls it Special Milk. Soooo good!