Thursday, May 3, 2012

Health Update

My posts are getting farther and farther in between. It isn't that there isn't a lot going on, it is just that I always have tried to see the glass 1/2 full, see the good in things and try to focus on the positive. And, although I am still trying to do that in my life right now, no matter how I write, it still seems to sound as if I am complaining or negative. I am not, it is just that life is a little upsidedown and crazy right now.

Some great things are happening in our lives and some not so great things, as with everyone.

Today, on the way to the hematologist office, we made a wrong turn. I was trying to schedule with the endocrinologistand on my own, I was getting an appointment in 6 months, are you kidding, I'm sick today. I digress, by Dr. Shiflet has been trying to get me in. As I was calling, I hear "East Valley Endocrinology" and look up and we are literally right in front of their sign. I continue to call with no luck. Head to my hematology appointment, find out that I have to re-run almost half of the blood work because they didn't freeze it correctly. After my appointment, I tried calling the endocrinologist office again.

Since we were so close, Julie drove me there. I asked for Chelsea, whom Dr. Shiflet had talked to, and she was actually the one that had come to help me. I begged to get in, telling her that I am getting sicker by the day. I knew their new patient appointments were six to eight months out. She pulled all kinds of strings and I have an appointment on Monday! Monday! This Monday coming up! Not even a month out. AMAZING!

I felt the Lord's power, I saw His hand in my life. I am seeing Him EACH and EVERY day. It is amazing what mountains he is moving. What heights that He and I have been able to climb to together. The strength He gives me when I cannot take another step on my own. He is with me on this journey. I know this. I can feel His love. And, although this is DEFINITELY the hardest adventure/trial/journey/path that I have been required to walk so far, it has definitely been the most rewarding. I have come to KNOW my Father in Heaven and my older brother, Jesus Christ. Maybe, even more importantly, I know that they know me, Jerlyn. It has been an incredible journey.(Although I am REALLY ready to be on the other side of it) But we are trying to enjoy whatever bits and pieces we can of this Journey, here and now. And, there are really good parts... really good ones. And, for each of these tender moments I am very very grateful!

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

This is still so amazing to me but not surprising at all. The Lord is so very aware of you right now and has moved so many mountains in your behalf. There should never be a doubt in your mind about how much He truly loves you!